|Browning .30 Cal. Machine Guns|
The Browning is a water cooled heavy machine gun. The weapon saw limited service in the latter days of the First World War. The Model 1917 or M1917 was also used in the Second World War, but the guns weight (over 100 pounds battle ready) meant that it was mostly relegated to static defense areas and in anti-aircraft duty in the highly mobile conflict. The weapon fired the standard .30-06 round in fabric or metal link belts.
Methods used to camouflage machine guns
The M-1919 Browning series .30 cal. machine gun was used as both a company level flexible light machine gun on the M-2 tripod mount and as a fixed machine gun on armored vehicles. The M-1919A4 had a heavier barrel with a ventilated barrel jacket, but had a slower rate of fire (400-550 cpm) than the water-cooled gun. The M-1919 series fired the Army standard .30-06 round in fabric or metal link belts.
M2 .50 Caliber (12.7mm) Machine Gun
The original .50 cal. machine gun was developed by John Browning in 1918. An improved version was adopted in 1933 as the Browning M2 water-cooled machine gun The legendary M2, with nicknames like the “Faithful 50” and "Ma Duce", is an automatic, belt-fed, recoil operated, air-cooled, crew-operated machine gun. This versatile weapon has many uses, primary among these are:
-The support the infantryman in both the attack and defense
-Light armored vehicle destruction
-Reconnaissance by fire on suspected enemy positions